The NGO Coordinator role will work to maintain an NGO in Belgium, network within the community, provide jobs for local people, as well as provide the means for WT workers to live and work in Belgium. An NGO is essential for our team to gain and maintain visas to remain in Belgium.
This role will serve as the leader of an NGO that will allow the team to effectively gather and serve the local Muslim community. The NGO Coordinator will address three significant challenges to fulfilling WT’s purpose of …establishing reproducing churches focusing on the unreached peoples of the world.
- Create and implement opportunities through the NGO that will allow for effective connection and outreach to the growing number of Moroccans in Brussels, Belgium and that will, in the future, provide expansion options for the NGO to work in neighboring cities or countries
- Provide the means for mobilizing and equipping more WT workers for church planting and multiplication (CP&M)
- Provide oversight and innovative management for the daily running of the NGO
This individual will join our church planting team working in Brussels and help develop a Cultural NGO that will meet the needs of the people they serve. This person must be flexible and responsive to the felt needs of the community. Being a learner themself, they will need to be able to converse on a variety of topics being taught within the center. This person will manage the NGO, work with nationals, volunteers, and the team.
Qualifications and Skills
Organizational, administrative, and strong interpersonal skills are essential to this role. The ideal candidate has the capacity to work effectively with a wide variety of volunteers, networks, and workers. Cross-cultural experience is beneficial, along with a passion for reaching unreached Muslims.
The ideal candidate has:
- A Christ-like character with a listening heart, and that demonstrates a gospel humble spirit
- Excellent organizational skills, the ability to multitask and manage multiple processes
- Ability to coordinate logistics, ministry schedules, and the organizational needs of the NGO
- Ability to develop best practices and improve processes to help the NGO meet its goals
- Proven financial, reporting, and tracking skills
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Formal theological training is beneficial, but not required
- 3-5 years’ experience or training in an administrative role
- Provide oversight of the day-to-day operations, staff, and volunteers, plan and organize work to be completed, communicate goals, and schedule/assign work with the goal of allowing the team to effectively connect and serve the Moroccan community
- Ensure that all staff and volunteers are trained and informed and have the tools that they need to effectively carry out their assigned tasks
- Create and maintain required records and reports to maintain an NGO in Belgium
- Create and provide financial oversight for the NGO budget, and development of project plans to enhance the NGO
- Working with the team, help with the development of existing and new programs that increase the value of the NGO to the community, and therefore, increase the impact the NGO can have in helping to unite and gather the community
- Handle technical issues in their area of expertise
- Church planting and multiplication among Moroccans with the local team