The team exists to establish vital churches among unreached diaspora groups in Lancaster, PA. Lancaster was designated the “refugee capital of the US” by the BBC, based on the number of refugees resettled in relation to the total city population. People are coming to Lancaster who once had no hope but are finding new life and hope in Christ.
We are looking for mature Christians with strong interpersonal and relational skills, as well as a desire to share Christ in response to the work of grace in their own life. Imagine serving among refugees, asylum seekers, and immigrants who have never had a conversation with a Christian. Consider the joy of building genuine relationships and sharing with those who have never heard the gospel message.
The team has a special focus on reaching second generation diaspora with the gospel. Many came to the US as children or were born to refugee parents and struggle with living ‘between” two cultures. Unlike their parents, their identity does not revolve around their heritage from their birth country. Our hope is that we will help them find their identity in Christ.
Join The INN and use your skills, education, and spiritual gifts to serve the nations among us! Formal Bible training and an exposure to missiological principles is helpful, but not required.
- Mature Christian: People who love God, love people, and can maintain spiritual disciplines as they work with people resistant to the gospel
- Evangelism and Discipleship: Desire to share the gospel and disciple people from different world views, religions, and backgrounds
- Church Planting and Multiplication: Desire to participate in implementing creative church planting and multiplication strategies
- Team Player: Good interpersonal, listening, and communication skills, as well as the ability to work collaboratively on a team and within a local network
- Learner: A willingness to be part of a learning community dedicated to growing their skills, gifts, and abilities in church planting and multiplication while serving in a diaspora community
- Outreach: Use your skills in ESL, the arts, literacy, teaching, and holistic ministry to build genuine relationship with our friends as they adapt to life in the US by sharing the love of Christ in word and deed
- Evangelism and Discipleship: Journey with your contacts through dynamic spiritual conversations, sharing the truths of scripture, and discipling them into an intentional, growing relationship with Christ
- Church planting: Be part of a team that desires to plant reproducing house churches in the local diaspora community
- Community Service: Serve local diaspora along with the team and local network through meeting felt needs and building genuine relationships