Church Planters in Cameron will serve, evangelize, and disciple an unreached people group, including the Baka, Fulbe, Kwakum, Pol, or Nizaa. This role’s mission is to disciple new believers toward Christian maturity, faithfully teaching the Bible in their native language. In the process, the Church Planter will identify and equip leaders from among the discipled believers and will assist them as they lead their own people in churches they establish within their individual communities.
The Church Planter will work to create and maintain gospel-driven relationships with the people they serve, living among them and learning their language and culture. This will lead to opportunities to evangelize, disciple new believers, and train church leaders. The majority of the Baka, Fulbe, Kwakum, Pol, and Nizaa are unreached people groups. Ministry among these groups will require perseverance and commitment.
This position requires a vibrant and dedicated spiritual life characterized by consistent practice of spiritual disciplines. The Church Planter will need to have a solid understanding of the Scriptures and be able to teach and clearly communicate how the Old Testament points to the person and work of Jesus Christ. Patience and dedication are necessary, as the Church Planter must learn to communicate with the assigned unreached people group faithfully and accurately in their native language.
The ideal candidate will have:
- A Biblical Studies BA or equivalent experience
- Experience with evangelism and discipleship
- Willingness to commit at least 10 years to the project
- A solid commitment to the spiritual disciplines (i.e., Bible reading, prayer, etc.)
- Proficiency in the assigned unreached people group’s language
The Church Planter will collaborate with a team, preparing indigenous servant leaders to establish and lead healthy, self-sustaining churches. They will:
- Live among the unreached people group, learning their language and culture before beginning formal ministry
- Teach the Bible in formal and informal settings
- Evangelize and disciple the people
- Identify and equip native leaders to evangelize their people
- Train indigenous church leaders to disciple believers in a life-on-life manner
- Develop current and future church leaders with biblical and practical leadership skills
- Perform other field or agency duties as assigned