This role will identify and work collaboratively with currently discipled Fulbe believers to train and prepare them for church leadership roles, including Bible teaching, evangelism, and discipleship. The goal is for these leaders to be well equipped so they can establish and grow multiplying Fulbe churches.
In order to effectively equip Fulbe leaders to evangelize and disciple their own people, the Church Planter will live among the Fulbe people, learning their language and culture and conducting ongoing leadership development. Of significance is that the Fulbe are a Muslim, unreached people group.
This position requires a vibrant and dedicated spiritual life characterized by consistent practice of spiritual disciplines. The Church Planter will need to have a solid understanding of the Scriptures and be able to teach and clearly communicate how the Old Testament points to the person and work of Jesus Christ. Patience and dedication are necessary, as the Church Planter must learn to communicate with the Fulbe faithfully and accurately in their native language.
The ideal candidate will have:
- A Biblical Studies BA or equivalent experience
- Five (5) years of church leadership experience (preferred)
- Experience with evangelism and discipleship
- Willingness to commit at least 10 years to the project
- A solid commitment to the spiritual disciplines (i.e., Bible reading, prayer, etc.)
- Proficiency in the Fulbe language (as spoken by the “Fulbe” or “Fulani” people)
The Church Planter will work with a team to prepare Fulbe servant leaders to establish and lead healthy, self-sustaining Fulbe churches. They will:
- Live among the Fulbe people, learning their language and culture before beginning formal ministry
- Teach the Bible in formal and informal settings
- Equip discipled Fulbe leaders to evangelize the Fulbe people, who are primarily an unreached Muslim people group
- Train Fulbe church leaders to disciple believers in a life-on-life manner
- Equip current and future church leaders with biblical and practical leadership skills
- Perform other field or agency duties as assigned