The purpose of this position is to create biblical literacy among Kwakum children who have never heard the truth about Jesus Christ.
This role will teach Kwakum children biblical truths. Those in this position will engage with the Kwakum in their native language and will learn about their culture. In this community, teaching children is mostly informal. This position will also help church leaders and parents understand and fulfill their biblical responsibility to teach their children God’s Word.
World Team has a zero-tolerance Child Safety Policy and is a participating member of the Child Safety Protection Network.
The ideal candidate will desire to support the training and development of the next generation of Kwakum believers. This role will require:
- Love for Children: A desire to love and invest in the lives of Kwakum children
- Classroom Management Skills: In Kwakum villages, gatherings for children may include one hundred participants of different ages. This role will be able to organize large groups of children while maintaining a positive and engaging environment
- Christian Maturity: Evidence Christ-like character and leadership competency; a humble, loving spirit and a listening heart are essential
- Evangelism and Discipleship: Experience with evangelism and sharing the gospel with children
- Education Experience: Training and experience in education with a willingness to use new and creative techniques to reach children in the Kwakum context
- Excellent Communication Skills: Ability to clearly communicate biblical truth
- Help local Kwakum church leaders and parents understand and practice their God-given responsibility to teach their children the Word of God
- Train Kwakum church workers to conduct Sunday School lessons
- Train Kwakum parents to engage with their children in family worship
- Develop a biblical children’s curriculum in the Kwakum language to facilitate their engagement with the gospel
- Meet regularly with groups of children for evangelism and discipleship
- Equip mature Kwakum adult believers to engage, evangelize, and disciple Kwakum children