Business/Skilled Professionals are vital for our holistic church planting teams in the Paris area. They will use their skills and experience in a cross-cultural business context to make disciples among the unreached.
This position demonstrates and models ideal characteristics of Christian Business/Skilled Professionals as they live out their faith through everyday work life, with a desire to see kingdom impact in all their relationships. Professionals with experience in accounting, development, and project management are currently needed.
Ideal candidates are mature Christians with a business background who desire to share Christ with others using creativity, compassion, and the ability to think innovatively. They will have strong people skills and will live in the community with those they hope to reach while learning the language and culture as part of a holistic church planting team. They will have:
- Christian Maturity: Humility and a mature Christian walk, with the ability to be highly relational
- Aptitude for Language Learning: Willingness to become proficient in French
- Flexibility: The ability to customize methods for a distinct cultural context
- Business and/or entrepreneurial experience
- Evangelism and Discipleship Experience: At least 1-2 years’ experience in evangelism and discipleship
The Business/Skilled Professional worker will collaborate with a team to provide mutual encouragement and accountability as they work together to witness to the gospel in their location. They will:
- Live among and serve an unreached people group in France, learn about their culture, and become proficient in French before beginning formal ministry
- Establish and maintain positive, local relationships
- Identify and equip discipled leaders to evangelize their own people, training them to disciple new believers in a life-on-life manner
- Work to establish a financially viable business that will be a source of outreach and Christian testimony in the community
- Perform other field or agency duties as assigned