Professional in Mission or Marketplace Workers integrate themselves into the daily lives of Central Asians through working in the marketplace. Pursuing work in a professional capacity is an effective avenue for life-on-life spiritual impact as genuine, trusting relationships are established with coworkers.
This role will make disciples among unreached people groups while using their professional skills and experience in a cross-cultural, business context. Being a ‘Professional’ means living out your faith through your everyday work, with a desire to see Kingdom impact in all your relationships.
The Professional in Mission will use their skills, education, experience, and spiritual gifts to create ministry opportunities while serving in the marketplace in Central Asia. Formal Bible training and exposure to missiological principles is helpful, but not required. The ideal candidate will have:
- A mature, humble walk with the Lord, continually seeking to grow in godliness and to abide in Christ
- Experience in evangelism and discipleship so that as workplace relationships are formed, their new friends will hear the Good News, and may be discipled and equipped to share the gospel and disciple others
- The necessary skills, experience, and education required and determined by the Central Asian employer
The key to success in this role is the ability to build trusting relationships with coworkers. This will require a strong marketplace testimony, consistent communication, and a listening heart. Other responsibilities include:
- Evangelism and Discipleship: Ability to engage contacts through dynamic, spiritual conversations, sharing the truths of scripture, and discipling others into an intentional, growing relationship with Christ
- Church planting: Participate in the holistic church-planting team activities, sharing in the work and desire to plant reproducing house churches in the local community