World Team is an interdenominational Christian mission agency with more than 350 workers sharing the Gospel in 28 countries. We place innovative teams among unreached peoples with a goal of seeing disciples brought into communities of faith that will multiply and impact the world for Jesus Christ.
The Midwest Regional Mobilizer and Communications Specialist will work to establish and implement a strategy to mobilize cross-cultural workers to join World Team by focusing on the Midwest Region of the United States.
The Regional Mobilizer will network and build relationships with like-minded church leaders, university faculty, individuals, students, and gatekeepers that desire to reach the nations with the gospel of Jesus.
Regarding Communications, the position will require developing mobilization content and utilizing social media channels broadly within the United States in assisting the entire Mobilization Team.
World Team is looking for someone currently residing near one of the following cities: Milwaukee WI, Chicago IL, Indianapolis IN, or Columbus OH, with a strong desire to mobilize people to cross-cultural ministry through World Team while working remotely as part of a team.
Organizational skills, administrative competence, and strong interpersonal skills are important to this role. The ideal candidate has the capacity to represent World Team to those investigating their Great Commission call, coach them in their search, and assist them in moving through the decision making process that leads to attending World Team’s candidate assessment week or to pursue a short-term opportunity with World Team.
The Regional Mobilizer should be a mature Christian with some exposure to missiological principles. Cross-cultural experience and higher education are beneficial. The Regional Mobilizer should have a passion for missions and be in agreement with World Team’s statement of faith and able to sign both the Global and US Policy Manuals.
The ideal candidate has:
- 1-3 years experience in mobilizing or similar networking background
- 2-5 years background/experience in social media and marketing/communications
- Strong networking and collaborative leadership skills
- Excellent communication skills, ability to create compelling content
- Proven ability to multitask, meet deadlines, and work independently as well as collaboratively
- Willingness to work occasional evenings and some weekends as needed
- Willingness to travel outside of their region as needed
- Active membership in a local church, to include accountability groups and/or a discipleship relationship
The Regional Mobilizer and Communications Specialist is directly accountable to the Mobilization Manager
Mobilizers work on a team to meet goals, recruit target audiences, cast a vision for missions for large and small audiences, and create mobilization opportunities/networks. Regional Mobilizers will:
- Develop and foster networking relationships (instructors, students, church leaders/members, organizations, gatekeepers, WT missionaries, WT appointees, etc.) within assigned Regional Hub to build a referral/social network that engages people with World Team
- Create, schedule and conduct presentations, as well as generate leads through events to further develop World Team’s mobilization network in Regional hub
- Follow up with new leads by implementing the defined mobilization/discipleship cycle and decision-making process to achieve recruitment goals
- Maintain acceptable performance in key areas such as generating new leads, lead-to-application, and application-to-invitation
- Work with applicants to ensure that interested candidates submit the documentation necessary for candidacy programs according to established deadlines
Specifically, the Midwest Regional Mobilizer and Communications Specialist will:
- Develop and maintain a strong World Team presence in the Midwest Region
- Develop, maintain, and promote the use of Social Media for the Mobilization Team
- Support Mobilization Team activities through Social Media
- Create content and promotional materials for Mobilization Team
- Plan and participate in one cross-cultural short-term trip per year
- Facilitate quarterly Mission Leaders’ Luncheons (MLL) with local church leader networks
- Other duties as assigned
The Regional Mobilizer will be responsible for the following in their Regional hub:
- 15-20 selected churches working closely with the regional mobilizer
- 3-5 selected universities/seminaries working closely with the regional mobilizer
- 5-10 selected gatekeepers working closely with the regional mobilizer
- Each Mobilizer has the goal of mobilizing 10 people each fiscal year to World Team
- Each Mobilizer has the goal of mobilizing 5 short-term participants each fiscal year
The Regional Mobilizer role is a salaried, full-time position with benefits.
If interested, please submit your resume to: Josh Morrison, Mobilization Manager, World Team USA.
- Email: JoshMorrison@worldteam.org