World Team is an interdenominational Christian mission agency with more than 350 workers sharing the Gospel in 28 countries. We place innovative teams among unreached peoples with a goal of seeing disciples brought into communities of faith that will multiply and impact the world for Jesus Christ.
The Team Leader role will work to launch new INN sites or step into the role of leader for an existing team. They will address two significant challenges to fulfilling WT’s purpose of …establishing reproducing churches focusing on the unreached peoples of the world.
- Reaching the rapidly growing number of unreached diaspora peoples in the US
- Mobilizing and equipping more WT workers for church planting and multiplication (CPM)
Team leaders will oversee a team of workers and volunteers serving among unreached diaspora people groups in the US, while maintaining and growing a local church network, training volunteers for the ministry, and mobilizing new workers.
To effectively oversee an INN site, leaders need to utilize a collaborative leadership style. As they shape and develop the team and local network, they will discover the skills, gifts, and abilities of those they lead and work to assign tasks that allow them to effectively plant multiplying churches in unreached diaspora communities. Cross-cultural experience is beneficial, along with a passion for reaching unreached diaspora in the US.
Ideal Team Leader competencies are:
- Mature Christian: Team leadership is based on Christ-like character and leadership competency. A listening heart and the demonstration of a humble spirit are essential. Formal theological training is beneficial, but not required.
- Mobilization: Ability to create and implement a mobilization strategy to recruit workers
- Administrative and Logistical Support: Understanding of how to coordinate ministry and training schedules, provide written reports, communicate with donors and network, handle team finances, etc.
- Team Building: Good interpersonal, listening, shepherding, coaching, and evaluating skills
- Training and Development: Strong facilitation skills to provide training for their local team in conjunction with The INN Director
- Networking and Communication: Grow the local church network through vision casting, verbal and written communication, relationship building, training, and providing opportunities for service
- 3- 5 years’ experience or training in a leadership role and 3-5 years’ experience in ministry
The Team Leader for The INN is directly accountable to the Director of the INN.
Team leaders will provide on the ground direction, instruction, and oversight for:
- Team: provides oversight of workers through shepherding, team building, evaluation, administration, planning, planning, and other duties as assigned
- Outreach: creation of CPM strategies to reach the unreached diaspora community, as well as lead and train the team and volunteers to expand outreach efforts, and tracking Spiritual progress of the community
- Networking: create a network with local churches and organizations to attract, train and mobilize workers for their ministry location and WT global ministries
- Ministry: Create church planting and multiplication strategies and manage the flow of day-to-day ministry
- Planning: Develop and implement an annual plan, budget, and contingency plan
- Team Evaluation: Perform annual evaluations for their local team
- Expand the vision of churches and individuals in your network for CPM among the unreached
- Mobilize 6-8 workers over a 5-year period for CPM locally and globally from within your network
- Utilize church planting and multiplication strategies to see a CPM movement in your community
- Mobilization of workers from the ministry harvest –who potentially could return to their people in their home country
- Be actively involved in God’s ultimate goal of every tribe, nation, people, and tongue in perfect attendance in the throne room (Revelation 7:9)
Length of Service:
- Team leaders will be asked to commit to serving in The INN for three to five years.
- Team Leaders will meet regularly with The INN Director for development, support, and encouragement
- The INN Director will work with Team Leaders to create and evaluate ministry strategies, team building and development, training in CPM and disciple making movements, developing their network and mobilization
- WT Member Care resources and consultations are available to all INN workers
- Team leaders and their teams will participate in annual team retreats or INN conferences for ministry and spiritual refreshment
- The Team Leader role is a support raising, full-time position. Candidates must be able to live and work in assigned ministry site in proximity to selected diaspora peoples