2014 Internship to Spain
Dates: May 23 -July 8
Overview: This 6-week internship is designed to give you hands-on experience in cross-cultural ministry. You'll learn about Spanish culture while getting an inside look into everyday missionary life. A mentor will walk with you each step of the way as you serve others and grow in the Gospel.
Your initial time in Spain will include training in the areas of cross-cultural understanding, conflict resolution, team dynamics, and the importance of the Gospel in our daily life. Interns will then apply what they've learned while serving alongside church planters on specific projects.
What you will do...
- Provide hospitality services while volunteering at a hostel for pilgrims walking the Camino de Santiago trail across northern Spain. Enjoy opportunities for spiritual conversations with visitors.
- Organize a prayer event.
- Build relationships with young people through sports, music and eating tapas.
- Host an evangelistic basketball clinic and English camp for children and youth.
- Visit some of Spain's beautiful historic sites to learn more about its religious and cultural past.
- Deepen your relationship with God as your team studies what it means to live out the gospel daily.
- Serve Jesus by loving people!
Your experience will consist of...
Mentorship - an intensive six week discipleship that will challenge your assumptions about cross cultural ministry and encourage your love for God.
Prayer - you'll participate in World Team Spain's 2014 Prayer Conference.
Cross-Cultural Experience -gain cross-cultural experience as a visitor in a foreign land while exploring ministry opportunities
Spanish Culture Experience - Learn about the Spanish people and their culture.
Christians with an interest in cross-cultural ministry who have completed at least one year of post-high school studies. Candidates should also posses qualities such as flexibility, humility, and a willingness to serve.
Number of Interns: 6